Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back On Track

I took a really bad fall on Tuesday.

I was doing a flip jump and somehow opened up in the middle of it. The next thing I knew, I was flat on my back with my feet flying over my head. I did a nice shoulder roll that I was never able to do on demand when I was taking gymnastics (which was a dumb idea for a 5'6" woman). I got back up and did a few more attempts, but I must admit, all sorts of places hurt on my body and I limped off the ice and went home.

I also hurt my wrist, but again, I don't know how.

I was asked if I hit my head. I don't think so. To be quite sure, I just don't remember.

My skating schedule returns to normal on Sunday and I'm thrilled. What I don't like is the 8 1/2 block walk to my car in the early morning hours. I will have to find someplace else to park when I have to get up that early.

For now, my wrist still hurts and I should ice it. And my back. And my shoulder. And my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment