Saturday, December 14, 2013

On Second Thought...

After some deep consideration, and a really, really bad cough, I have reconsidered doing the Lake Placid competition. Also, I am as tired as one person can be without actually being sick. My last few sessions have been frustrating and painful. I keep falling down. When I'm not falling down, everything just hurts. Add to the fact that I kept getting interrupted during that last session, I think I'm making the best decision. I spent this morning not on the ice or in class, but in my physician's office, on a nebulizer, trying to take a deep breath. My boss sent me home on Thursday because I was coughing so much and so hard, she was afraid I'd cough up a lung. I didn't, but I was so out of breath that driving on the highway was "iffy" because I was light-headed. May I say this really sucks? Six prescriptions in my hand, I'm off to the pharmacy to have them filled, which includes steroids. There goes fitting into anything sexy and tight for New Year's Eve (I had planned to stay at home anyway). Don't know how much skating I'll be able to do, but if I can, I'll be back... "Hard to tell you How I feel. Everything is so unreal Lord, this life Is a hard thing to get to... Lord, this life Is a hard thing to live And harder still To leave..." How I Feel from The Me Nobody Knows. Music by Gary William Friedman. Lyrics by Will Holt.

No comments:

Post a Comment