Sunday, January 8, 2017

Good News

As many of you know, I have been struggling with my skates for over a year. I've battled arch issues, numbness, heel pain and the feeling that my feet were being strangled. Many sessions began with hopes of accomplishing so many tasks, only to have those hopes dashed by numb, painful feet. Hopefully, that's all over because I've had my skates stretched and the heels heat molded and today I skated with (drum roll please) NO PAIN!!!!! The skates feel best without the innersole that came with them,so I skate without them, but the key, the absolute key is the lack of pain. How good was it? Ladies and gentlemen, I landed every jump I tried. I know!! With the exception of the rink being wicked cold (everyone complained about the cold), I have no complaints about my session. None. The Tri-State area has been hit with snow and my current car hates the snow (great fuel mileage, really light-weight car). Therefore, I will be unable to hit the rink before next week when we're supposed to have a warm spell. Also, I haven't started to dig out my car. In the meantime, I will stay the course and keep eating right and exercising. Now that I'm not in pain, I am beginning to enjoy skating again. Also, just found an evening session. If I could do a cartwheel, I would. I'm in such good spirits, I may start twerking. How I wish I had tried this fix twelve months ago; I might be going to Easterns. Oh well, there are other competitions....

No comments:

Post a Comment