Sunday, February 9, 2020

Mohawks.... Grrrrr!

I hate mohawks. There, I've said it... again. I hate them. I hate them more than I hate ice dancing. Mohawks are probably the reason I hate dancing. They suck. They suck big time. Okay, MY mohawks suck. And as a result, I hate ice dancing and mohawks. Lately, all of my Sunday lessons have been on ice dancing. The same stupid dance week after week because of my mohawks. I hate the Swing Dance. As a clockwise skater, I don't have the opportunity to use a right inside mohawk. I don't use it for a flip jump, I don't use it for a split jump... I just don't do them. Fast forward to the Silver Moves in The Field and I find myself not only having to do mohawks, but having to do OUTSIDE mohawks. That, in itself is the biggest joke of all. Just an FYI to the figure skating governing body: not everyone has turned out hips. So skating the Swing Dance more than five times in a lesson usually results in achy hips. I suppose I should stretch more often, or I can avoid doing the Swing Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment