Monday, December 28, 2020

Wait...

"Easy now, hush, love, hush Don't distress yourself, what's your rush? Keep your thoughts, nice and lush Wait Hush, love, hush, think it through Once it bubbles then what's to do? Watch it close, let it brew Wait..." I love watching the evolution of adult skaters, includining myself. What I don't understand are skaters trying things above their skill level. I am all for taking a chance. BUT, if you can't do a scratch spin, if you can't hold a back outside edge, maybe you should wait a little before attempting an axel. There are many coaches who hold skaters back; I should know, I've had them. But lets get that Bell Jump down before trying an axel. That being said, not everyone does a decent Bell Jump; me being one of them. But, I can hold a back outside edge. I can do a scratch spin. I can land an axel off-ice. (Amazingly frustrating, I must say!) But my Salchow is iffy and my Flip and Lutz jumps have gone to visit other skaters. So what will I do? Wait. Get them back and go on to Axels. Yes, the Axel is the be-all and end-all for adult skaters. I would rather you wait than to read that you're hurt. So, please all of you who are on Instagram, struggling with various skills... Wait.
"I've been thinking flowers, maybe daisies To brighten up the room Don't you think some flowers, pretty daisies Might relieve the gloom? Ah, wait, love, wait Slow, love, slow, time's so fast Now goes quickly, see, now it's past Soon will come, soon will last Wait Don't you know, silly man Half the fun is to plan the plan All good things come to those who can Wait..." ** HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! ** "Wait" from Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim./

No comments:

Post a Comment