Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome to the Party

Welcome. Allow me to introduce myself. I am an African-American adult competitive figure skater. There are a lot of adult competitive figure skaters. We have our own regional, national and international competitions. I happen to participate in those competitions.

Something else you might want to know: I have a chronic injury. I injured my back several years ago and it will never get any better. It curtails my progress greatly; I used to be a much better skater than I am now. Add that to needing to drop several pounds and you have me.

I decided to start this blog to voice my feelings as an adult competitive skater. The skaters you see on TV are the elite. It's the skaters in the trenches who keep the sport alive. In recent years. those skaters in the trenches have been adults.

So, there you have it. Hopefully you'll return. If not, thanks for stopping by.

See you on the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment