Thursday, January 13, 2011

Re-Boot

Has anyone seen my balance?

I've been having balance issues suddenly when on the ice. It's as though my feet and legs belong to someone else. Someone who has never been on skates before. I am reminding myself of Fred Flintstone when he went skating to stay awake because they thought he had a dinopetic germ (Dino had it). In this cartoon, his feet flew out from underneath him (until he got mad at Barney and could skate like a charm). While I'm not falling, I feel as though my feet will fly out at any given time. It's weird.

Of course, having skates too sharp to stop can't possibly help.

So, I've decided on a re-boot. Working out daily, eating healthy, skating in the morning. Everything anew.

Naturally, it snowed, once again grinding NYC to a halt.

I don't like driving in bad weather (or on ice for that matter), so I'm taking the train into work. That means, I won't be at the rink until the snow melts, which may be the spring since the forecast calls for another snow storm in 4 days. I also can't get to the gym since I rejoined a gym near where my job used to be located (10 miles from where we are now) and it is not located near my office. That means working out at home. Okay, I can do that. Of course that also means going to bed at a decent hour (12:45 is NOT a decent hour) and getting up at 5:45. When the snow melts and I'm back on the road, skating at 6:15am, 5:45 will feel as though I slept in.

Joining me on my re-boot are all of my old physical issues, neglected recently, deciding to join the party with a vengeance.

Tammy, my facial twitch has subsided greatly. Now she only shows up when I'm on my way to work or after an exceptionally annoying phone conversation. Everyone else has decided to hang around for a while. They are like relatives who show up, eat all of your food, break all of your expensive items, take up space, never leave and don't pay rent.

Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes on it. (No mistakes on it yet.) - Anne of Green Gables.

3 comments:

  1. Reboot sounds like a plan.
    Do you think you need new boots as well?
    I think I might reboot as well....maybe in an office. Who knows. Sending positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you. Can't believe you read this. I'm probably going to go with refurbishing my skates; I love my Kleinbeils. I've been in them so long, I don't think I want to try to break in a new pair! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm with you on the reboot. Nice way to put it. I guess it's never too late for a reboot. My husband the computer nerd agrees. : )

    ReplyDelete