Saturday, January 1, 2011

Snow

It snowed on the Sunday after Christmas in NYC. Snow in NYC causes the outer boroughs to grind to a halt because the Mayor takes all the snow plows and cleans up Manhattan. This is especially true if it snows near New Years Eve. Tourists come to Times Square to watch the ball drop; native NewYorkers stay home. I stayed home.

I was unable to get down the ramp to my car and therefore unable to see the new rink. Because the Mayor concentrated all the clean-up efforts around Times Square, the crosstown bus wasn't running to get to the rink.

Thank you Mr. Bloomberg.

I spent the week fighting off migraine headaches and an upset stomach. I return to work on Monday.

Just as soon as I finish digging out my car.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, new follower here.

    I hope you'll check out mine and follow me back.

    ~Steph
    http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com
    http://thispainsux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Steph. Thanks for following. Off to check out your blog.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete