Sunday, June 3, 2012

Imagine My Surprise!

Yes, imagine my surprise when I checked the schedule of events for the competition held this weekend to discover there were NO adults listed. Now I'm annoyed at myself because even if I skated like crap, I would have won a medal! Next year I'll be ready with both an artistic/dramatic program and a technical one. I had started before the Wednesday night sessions had ended. I haven't skated in 2 weeks and I miss it. My heel spurs don't miss it right now, but when my weight gets high, I get heel spurs. Guess that's my body's way of saying, "Yo! Fatty! Lose some weight!" No pressure, right? Went to an ASL meet-up yesterday. That's were some Deaf and hearing ASL students get together and chat. There's a woman, pretty nice, but she asked me if I understood what was going on. Excuse me? I've been attending these on and off for almost two years. While she is in an interpreter's program and I am not, I don't appreciate anyone thinking I'm not catching on. If I had a problem, I'd ask the person I was talking to, not someone not in my conversation. I guess she means well, but it struck me as odd. Very odd. Hope to find out my skating schedule by the end of the week. Will keep you posted. Until that time, be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment