Saturday, December 15, 2012

Numbered Days?

I am concerned. My skill level seems to be deteriotating rapidly, and I am powerless to stop it. I feel as though my skating days are numbered. Amy keeps telling me that I'm improving, but I'm skeptical. No, I don't think she has an ulterior motive, I just think she sees glimmers of hope that I can return to the level I once was. I have my hopes. I skate more than I used to, in hopes of improving, but it seems to be alluding me. Maybe it's the core strenth issue, maybe it isn't. Maybe it's a lack of confidence, or this strange balance problem I've been experiencing. Or maybe it's my body aches coming around all the time to remind me that they are there. Whatever it is, it has caused me to doubt whether or not I'm actually enjoying ths any more. If I quit skating, who am I? What do I do? I can't quit while I'm a flop, to paraphase Rose Hovick in the musical Gypsy. It's one thing to quit when they want you, but it's different when they don't want you. Rose Hovick was right. There's a competition in February I'd like to do. I have a lot of work to do. Hopefully, it's not my swan song.

No comments:

Post a Comment