Monday, February 3, 2014

S'no Good

It's snowing, again. I used to really love the snow. I'd get the shovel out, put on my ski pants and jacket, heavy gloves and a hat and off I'd go. The sidewalk in front of the house? Check. The walk to the sidewalk? Check. Dig out the driveway (even before I had a car)? Check. All the while singing old songs like "Working In a Coal Mine", "100 Pounds of Clay", or "Get Ready ('Cause Here I Come)" at the top of my lungs. Then something happened. I found that I had to drive to work; 21 miles one way. The joy of snow left me when I was nearly in an accident with no other cars, just Mother Nature. When it snows, I take public transportation. As a result, I can't get to the rink. And sometimes, I can't get to work. Or we close the office because Long Island always gets it worse than NYC. (For those of you outside NYC, that means: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island AND Manhattan. It all equals NYC.) Had plans to go to the rink for a 5:30am session, but the snow tip-toed in last night and squashed that idea. As I write this, it's almost 4:00 and still snowing (more like flurries now). My office closed almost as soon as it opened. Does my .7 mile walk in the snow count as cardio? I walked really, really fast (to catch a bus) and managed to get there in under 12 minutes. Either way, I'm off to stretch while watching old TV shows. Dragnet or The Rifleman anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment