Thursday, June 26, 2014

Open a New Window

My session was canceled due to... well, that'll be explained in a second. Recently, a rink opened up in the park near my job. I haven't skated there because their payment methods are so confusing (if you skate 2 hours 3 times a week, it costs X. If you skate 3 hours 6 times a week it costs Y) I haven't figured out how much it would cost to skate ONE day a week at that rink. Not that it matters because... I was laid-off today. Ten years at my job and the head boss decided to cut my 2 1/2 (one person is part-time) department by one: me. The Finance Department has eleven people; the company has no money, and no one in that department was let go. The head boss is in charge of the Finance Dept. They have someone to do payroll, even though payroll is sent out to another company. The woman in charge of HR doesn't understand Workers' Comp and always asked me what to do. There is a woman who does nothing but order supplies and regulate the A/C, both of which she does badly. THEY still have their jobs. I, on the other hand, have a car full of stuff I accumulated over the last ten years. Grant it, I hated my job. I hated the commute. And I grew to hate driving. However, it kept me on the ice and it kept me paying my bills. Now???? I've always been told: When God closes a door, He opens a window. So, here's to open windows... "Open a new window Open a new door Travel a new highway That's never been tried before Before you find you're a dull fellow Punching the same clock Walking the same tightrope As everyone on the block..."** **Open a New Window from Mame. Music and lyrics by Jerry Herman.

8 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear that. Can't be easy at all after being there for so long. Good luck with whatever you do next, and well done on having such a positive frame of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very kind. Thank you for your thoughts. I know it'll all work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that....I know everything will work out for you, best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
    2. I'm so sorry about the job. If you want to keep skating, maybe you can work at the rink while you look for new employment.

      Delete
    3. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea. I truly believe it'll all work out in the end. Thanks!

      Delete
    4. Hope a job opportunity that will make you happy comes through. In the meantime enjoy the freedom from the job you hated.

      Delete