Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Hard Thing To Get Through

I'm not in a good place. I can't shake this feeling of despair, affectionately known as depression. I've been here before. I have no desire to skate. Or get out of bed. Daily showering is an effort. Most days I don't leave my apartment, even to get the mail. I've lost a few pounds because eating is an effort too. So is sleeping. Drinking isn't. There's hope that this will pass quickly and my tolerance for being around other people will dissipate. I have the time to skate, but absolutely no desire. I'm taking some time off to re-evaluate my life. It might be a short period of time, it might be a longer period of time; I don't know. In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving all. "Hard to tell you How I feel Everything is so unreal. Lord, this life Is a hard thing to get through... And harder still To leave..." HOW I FEEL from The Me Nobody Knows. Music by Gary William Friedman and lyrics by Will Holt.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feeling better these days. Just trying to do the mundane things can be exhausting when you are feeling so low. Try to enjoy your Thanksgiving and remember to be grateful for the small blessings in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Everyday it gets a little better.

      Delete