Friday, November 14, 2014

Challenge

I had this crazy idea to skate every single day for two weeks. Well, maybe not every day because there isn't a session I can make on Saturdays because of school. So ALMOST every single day for two weeks. And not just skate, but actually get some stuff done. It boggles my mind that after years of performing in musical theatre, I get shy and uncomfortable when someone watches me skate. I really need to get over that; it's not helping. It's actually making things worse. And speaking of things getting worse... I must announce something not even my physician knows: I am 5'6 1/4 inches tall. And I weigh 186 1/2 pounds. I shouldn't weigh more than 140 pounds, which means I am almost 50 pounds overweight. I mention this only because my extra weight is impeding on my skating progress due to the outrageous amount of pain I end up in after a skate. This ends today. So, on top of skating everyday for two weeks, I will also be working out twice a day, eating healthy and looking for a job. Oy!

1 comment:

  1. As someone who used to compete as an adult skater, but has had to stop due to my son's competitive ice dancing, I completely sympathize and understand about your frustration with the weight. I gained almost 30 pounds after I stopped taking lessons and competing and it's been a bear to get the weight off without the skating! As for the 2016 NYC adult comp, if I can ever wrest my time from the ice dance coach back from my son, I would be game to do a pro-am dance event if it were offered! :)

    ReplyDelete