Saturday, December 2, 2017

Just An Update

For those of you who read the post right before this one, I have an update: I emailed the president of the Great Neck Figure Skating Club, inquiring whether or not they allowed guests at their club sessions. I received a response the next day, informing me that guests were more than welcomed. I then emailed her again and told her about the woman at the rink. The club president apologized profusely, insisting that the woman I spoke to did not represent the club and that I would be more than welcomed when I came. As far as other skating is concerned, I am trudging along with my Pre-Bronze (or is it Preliminary; I have no idea) free dance. My heart really isn't in it, as I wanted to fix a few of my jumps and the entrance of my spins which has gone completely off the rails for reasons I cannot comprehend. Spinning has always come easily to me, until it didn't... This may be my coach's way of trying to motivate me. News flash: I don't work that way. Don't most adults need more encouragement, rather than negative feedback? Does that work for anyone?

1 comment:

  1. It depends...when I’m already positive, it’s “I’ll show you” attitude. When I’m not, it’s a hit or miss. Beibg an adult, you can & I’ve asked, my boss, coach &/or teacher “what’s with the attitude?” Sometimes, they don’t realize how they sound or how you’re taking it. Start a dialogue...at least you’ll know where you stand.

    ReplyDelete