Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A Woman Has Dreams - Part 2

I had such hope! Currently, I am getting up 1-2 days a week to skate before work. Add skating on Saturdays afternoons and Sunday mornings, and I'm putting in a fairly decent amount of ice time. I'm seeing some improvement with my MIF and to say I'm thrilled would be an understatement. I only see my jump coach every other week. The reason is two-fold: my body won't allow me to jump for a half hour straight more than every other week (I blame my weight) and my jump coach is a bit expensive. So far, I've had two sessions in one month with my jump coach and I feel that I will have my jumps back by the end of the month. I'm talking about the jumps that I had until my feet no longer hurt in these skates, but now I can't seem to get the timing on my jumps right. Yeah, I can't figure it out either. What is making me sad? I was excited to work with another coach on the other aspects of skating other than jumps and MIF. Unfortunately, she has canceled more often than we have actually worked together. I was inspired to work with this coach because I noticed all the progress her adult students were experiencing. It seemed that she was excited to work with me as well... But then life got in the way and the cancellations started. Three months and two lessons; that's all. And still I have hopes and dreams. I want to return to competition; I've missed enough Adult Nationals and would like to return to the fold. But, for now, I'll remain hopeful and patiently wait for the next lesson. "A woman* has dreams Of walking with giants To carve her* niche In the edifice of time. Before the mortar of her zeal Has a chance to congeal The cup is dashed from her lips The flame is snuffed aborning She's brought to rack and ruin in her prime"*** * The song was written for a man to sing, which I am not. ** A Man Has Dreams from Mary Poppins Music and lyrics by Robert B. and Richard M. Sherman.

No comments:

Post a Comment