Thursday, August 29, 2013

Broken Hearted Me

Sometimes, I am left scratching my head. Sometimes, I am left shaking my head. Sometimes, I am left rather hurt. Today, I am a combination of all the above. One of the rinks I skate at decided, after being closed for 2 weeks earlier in the summer due to compressor issues, to cancel the remaining evening freestyle sessions. There was no notification until you showed up. Several skaters, myself included, arranged their schedules around these evening freestyle session, canceled trips, outings, drinks with friends, so we could skate these sessions. Two weeks, yes, two weeks before it was all supposed to end, the rink cancels the sessions and gives them to hockey. What? They couldn't wait two weeks?? I am waiting for them to post the new fall/winter session. If it's anything like last year, there are freestyle sessions at 5:00am and on the weekend. That's it. My June competition over, my feelings are still a bit hurt. I feel somewhat lost. I need to have a conversation with my coach about my skill level, expectations and aspirations for the coming season. It's my hope to compete at the Non-Qualifying Adult Eastern Championship, mostly because it's so close to home. It doesn't help when your coach asks if they'll be an artistic competition because that would be the only thing I'd do well in. Wow. Yep, still hurts. My home computer may have Malware, so if you get an email from me, I didn't send it. I haven't taken any vacation yet, and was just informed that the time I wanted to take doesn't work into my boss' schedule, so that response was "No". Although I know my schedule will work out eventually, for now, I'm feeling quite broken and battered about the whole thing. To quote an old song (which was already old when I first heard it) by The Happenings, "See you in September..."

No comments:

Post a Comment