Saturday, October 5, 2013

Keep On Keeping On

I must say right off, I thought I posted this LAST WEEK, but I forgot. So, some of this information is a bit old. Sorry. I wanted to put a picture, or a GIF into this post, but, I don't how. Someone told me recently, but I can't remember where I put the information. So, if you know, please tell me again, because it might make this blog more interesting. Saturday morning skates are always interesting, mostly because I usually have a cocktail on Friday night. Okay, I have two, but really, who's counting?? So after six hours of sleep, I drag myself out of my really uncomfortable bed (I need a new mattress; something much firmer), put my face on and go to the rink. Since I take the subway and they are forever doing track work (which is odd because I've never actually seen anyone doing work on the tracks...) it's always a dance as to what I have to do to get to the rink by 8:00am. Today everything worked in my favor, including the crosstown bus! But boy, was that session CROWDED!! Everyone is working toward next week's North Atlantic Competition. Hyped up on adrenaline, caffeine, sugar and hope, 30+ skaters flew down the ice. One girl fell and took two other skaters with her because they were so in their own worlds. Enough about them. What about me? I believe my workouts are paying off. I have more stamina, more spring to my jumps, more speed in my spins. Heck, even my MIF look better. They look like the Silver MIF. If I keep this up (and I will!!!), I may be able to test in a few months... And pass!! Even my coach is optimistic. I can't think of a musical theatre quote. Maybe I should get more sleep and not drink on Friday nights when I know I have skating followed by several hours of class in ASL.

No comments:

Post a Comment